- Strengths of Video Usage for Instructional Puproses (Fenrich, 2005):
- Can help gain and hold attention
- Motivates learners
- Aids with introduction of topics or procedures
- Helps give visual-aid for hard-to-explain content.
- Limitations of Video Usage for Instructional Purposes (2005):
- Video is not good for large amounts of information.
- Copyright can be costly, time-consuming, and difficult
- Can require large amounts of storage space for the digital files with streaming implications for bandwidth usage
- Highly costly and time-consuming to produce well with proper expertise and software/equipment
Fenrich, Peter. (2005). Creating instructional multimedia solutions. Informing Science.