Learning with ‘e’s: New technology and the future of learning http://bit.ly/lmV3Om
- as each new technology is introduced, there always seems to be opposition and objections
- technology for technology sake is often a mistake
- new tech should only be introduced if there is a good reason – for enrichment, extension or enhancement of learning, when it can’t be achieved using existing methods
- it’s very dangerous to try to predict anything, because we are often wide of the mark, but we can trace the trends and see the strong possibilities
- I therefore made several broad brushstroke predictions that the future of learning will be: open, personal; social; mobile; augmented; and visual emerging technologies such as augmented reality, magic symbol technology and infographics, as well as some of the already established technologies such as gestural interfaces, social media and smart mobile devices.